My Ex-Spouse’s Relatives Say Inappropriate Things About Me To My Kids. How Do I Make Them Stop?

This is a common issue for clients, and it’s actually a major problem if behavior designed to alienate a child from the other parent continues.

New York courts strongly object to the custodial parent, or the people close to them, creating prejudice against the other parent.

Judges have gone so far as to reverse a custody agreement and giving over full custody to the disparaged parent.

If you have reason to believe that your former spouse or their relatives are sharing information that it is inappropriate for your children to know, or are otherwise attempting to poison your relationship with your children, that is behavior that has to stop.

Start by talking to your ex.

If it continues, call us for a legal consultation at 716-542-5444.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *