Rochester Lawyers / Rochester Child Custody Lawyer Discusses Relocating to Another State with the Children

Rochester Child Custody Lawyer Discusses Relocating to Another State with the Children

Clients will ask me as a Rochester Child Custody Lawyer if they can relocate to another state or far away with their children.
  • One party may wish to relocate to a distant state – or part of the state. If the other parent has regular contact with the child, one of two things is necessary to obtain permission to relocate with the child.
  • First, the parent with whom the child does not live must agree to the move – in writing.
  • If the non-moving parent refuses consent, application to the court is required.
  • The court will determine whether or not relocation is appropriate based on the relevant facts and circumstances.
  • One parent can’t simply move without consent from the other parent or permission from the court.
Are you looking to relocate to another state with your kids?  Contact experienced Rochester Child Custody Lawyer Michael Ranzenhofer for help. This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Rochester Child Custody Lawyer.