Rochester Tax-Exempt Organization Lawyers
Experienced business attorneys assisting religious corporations, non-profits, and other tax-exempt organizations in Rochester, NY.
Has your religious corporation or non profit organization needed an attorney for some time, but did not look for one because of financial concerns? Maybe you have been itching to get professional legal guidance but again, are concerned that you may not have the money to do so. These situations occur every day. With the complex issues your non profit organization will be facing, professional legal help is a necessity. If this sounds like you, you need to contact our experienced Rochester tax-exempt organization lawyers today for a legal consultation.
If your not-for-profit organization has failed to comply with confusing regulations and penalties you should contact us immediately because these charges have serious consequences.
At Friedman and Ranzenhofer, our Rochester tax-exempt organization lawyers have been assisting non profit and religious corporations for close to thirty five years. Our firm has been able to offer these services because of our reasonable and affordable rates. Attorney Friedman has decades of experience in creating non-profit groups. He has had the honor of assisting New York tax-exempt organizations and foundations of all sizes.
Because of our experience as Rochester tax-exempt organization lawyers, we can also offer legal advice on the most pressing issues facing these organizations today, such as:
- Create sound bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Obtain and maintain your 501(c)(3) designation which grants your tax exempt status and makes donations to your organization tax deductible.
- Understands what activities, structures, payments, and other issues could result in you losing your 501(c)(3) designation.
- Determine what income your organization receives that might be taxable.
- Negotiate, draft and review legal contracts.
- Handle real estate purchase, leasing or mortgaging.
- Resolve board control issues, internal strife and membership disputes.
- Resolve contract disputes and other issues through community, church or synagogue mediation or other internal processes with legally binding or nonbinding results.
- Resolve disputes through civil litigation.
If your New York non profit organization needs professional legal guidance that is affordable, please take a moment to review the areas of non-profit law shown below. When you are ready to discuss your options further, contact one of our experienced attorneys today.
Rochester New York Non-Profit Practice Areas
We Can Assist You With The Following Types of New York Non Profit Organizations:
- Agricultural Commissions
- Animal Rescue Organizations
- Condo Associations
- Credit Unions
- Educational Institutions
- Fire Fighters
- Government entities
- Homeowner’s Associations
- Joint Powers Authorities
- Mobile Home Tenants’ Association
- Professional Associations
- Religious Organizations
- Service Clubs
- Sport Clubs
- Trade Associations
- 501(c)(2) Corporations holding property for tax-exempt organizations
- 501(c)(3) Charitable Organizations
- 501(c)(4) Civic Organizations
- 501(c)(5) Labor Organizations
- 501(c)(6) Professional, business, trade associations, chambers of commerce
- 501(c)(7) Social and Recreational Clubs
- 501(c)(8) Employee associations and fraternal organizations
- 51(c)(9) See 501(c)(8)
- 501(c)(10) See 501(c)(8)
Specific New York Non-Profit Legal Areas
- Annual Reporting
- Board Responsibilities and Authority
- Charitable Gifts
- Commercial Activities
- Conflicts of Interest
- Consortium Agreements
- Construction Loans
- Coordination Agreements
- Corporate Dissolutions
- Corporate Practices
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Executive Compensation
- Form 990
- Formation and Incorporation of New York Not-for-Profit Corporations
- Governance and Board Structure
- Grant Making Practices
- Indemnification of Directors and Officers
- Intermediate Sanctions
- Licensing and Royalty Agreements
- Linkage Agreements
- Modifications to Charitable Trusts
- Obtaining and Maintaining Tax-Exempt Status
- Personnel Management
- Private Foundation Rules and Regulations
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Public Charity Qualification
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
- Subcontract Agreements
If you are managing a non-profit, or religious corporation and are dealing with a legal matter, contact our Rochester tax-exempt organization lawyers for guidance. We offer legal consultations and would be happy to sit down with you and explain your legal rights and obligations.
Follow us on Facebook for daily updates.