Were you injured in a NY Bus Accident or Bus Crash?
If you or a family member have been in an accident with a bus as a bus passenger or driver, or in another vehicle involved in a bus accident, call the bus accident attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC. anytime at 716-542-5444.
Many large bus crashes and bus rollovers are caused by the negligence of the bus driver or Bus Company, including :
- Driver Fatigue
- Bus Driver Inattention
- Bus Driver Error
- Aggressive Driving by the Bus Driver
- Bus Speeding
- Poor Bus Maintenance, such as bald tires or worn brakes.
- Bus Mechanical Failure
- Improper Hiring Practices
- Inadequate Safety Training/Policies
Without the help of an experienced New York injury attorney , victims of bus accidents are not prepared to deal with the large-scale defense that bus companies will begin immediately after the accident. Bus companies go to great lengths and spend tremendous amounts of money to protect themselves.
While you and your family are recovering from your accident, the bus company will have its representatives building their defense and potentially destroying crucial evidence. Therefore, it is very important that you have a team of attorneys on your side to go to the scene of the crash, preserve evidence, and ensure that your rights are protected.
We are paid on a contingent fee basis which means that we do not collect a fee from you unless we win your case.
If you have been involved in an accident with any of these or any other bus company, call us :
- Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach
- Martz Trailways
- Coach USA
- Concord Coach Lines
- Bolt Bus
- Peter Pan Bus Line
Bus accident injuries can include a range of medical problems, from relatively minor bumps, bruises, and scrapes to more serious injuries including broken bones, internal injuries, and even death. When larger, heavier buses collide with smaller, lighter passenger cars, the injuries to the passengers of the smaller vehicle can be horrific.
All victims of bus crashes or bus rollovers should receive immediate medical attention to make sure their injuries are not life threatening. If you have been in a bus accident and sustained injuries, seek immediate medical attention.
Hire a NY Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Lawyers and insurance adjusters working for the bus company will do everything in their power to minimize your claims, and possibly deny them. They may even offer you a settlement that is much lower than what you rightfully deserve. Get fair compensation for your medical expenses, loss of wages, pain and suffering, worker’s compensation and more. But, most importantly, remember to avoid giving the bus company any information until you met with your lawyer.
Call us today for a FREE NY Bus Accident Evaluation and Consultation
Call us today to discuss your bus accident case. There is no obligation and our consultation is absolutely free. We do not get paid unless we recover for you. It is important that you choose an experienced personal injury law firm. We have the knowledge, experience and qualifications to get you the justice you deserve. Call us at 716.542.5444 or contact us on our easy- to- use form
New York Bus Accident FAQS
Q: What can I do to protect myself after a New York bus accident ?
A: Bus cases are very complicated and require the immediate attention of an attorney with knowledge of how the bus companies will fight back. Bus companies have unlimited resources that include teams of lawyers and experts who are prepared to fight against lawsuits.
Q: What should I do at the scene of a New York bus accident?
A: While you are at the scene of the accident:
- Remain calm and remain in your vehicle, unless it is dangerous to do so
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Call 911 even if your accident seems minor
- Seek medical attention for any injured drivers or passengers
- Do not move the vehicles until the police arrive, unless necessary,
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of all parties involved, including any witnesses
- Write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers that are investigating the accident
- Photograph the vehicles and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers
- Do not admit fault
- Immediately notify your own insurance company of the accident
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent or representative ( you are not required to give a statement to anyone other than the police and your insurance company).
Q:What should I do if the bus company calls me before I have retained an attorney?
A: Do not make a recorded statement to the bus company’s insurance carrier. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the bus company and their insurance carrier. Immediately contact us.
Q: What should I do in the days following a NY bus accident?
A: Take these steps:
- Obtain a copy of the accident report prepared by the police
- Obtain a property damage valuation from your insurance company
- Write down all visits with doctors and other healthcare providers and keep a journal of any symptoms or pain you experience. Also, get copies of all test results, medications, treatments, and any other relevant medical information
- Keep a detailed list of any out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Record days of missed work or other activities in which you were unable to participate
- Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance carrier unless you have consulted with a NY injury attorney.
Do I have a NY bus accident case?
If you think you may have a personal injury case, contact us now for a FREE consultation.