Let Our 68 Years of Experience Work For You
Do you need legal help regarding Lenadlord Tenant issues? Our experienced Buffalo lawyers have been dedicated to serving the Western New York community we know and love. Allow us to help you the same way we’ve been helping our community for decades. We’re here for you.Schedule a consultation
Mr. Ranzenhofer and his attorneys were great! My case was handled quickly and I got a great result – $300,000. I fell at my doctor’s office, so I knew it was a hard case. Mr. Ranzenhofer developed a strategy that got me a great result. I highly recommend Mr. Ranzenhofer and his team of attorneys.
– Christine Rush
Reasonable / Professional / Personable … Very nice man to speak to … He helped me feel safe and took away my fear in my legal situation. If or when needed he is ready to jump in and take over. Thank you, Carol
– Carol Czosnyka
We were treated in a respectful, professional and helpful manner while preparing our wills, healthcare proxies and power of attorney. Mr. Friedman took as much time as we needed to answer all of our questions and concerns. His staff was friendly and efficient. We highly recommend him.
Highly recommended…Sam handled a case for me with a buffalo tow truck Company, we won our case and a judgment. Sam was highly professional knowledgeable and effective. He knows the local laws and how to get successful outcomes!
I consulted with Justin Friedman in an effort to obtain reimbursement following damage to my personal property. Justin was diligent, tenacious, professional, and clearly dedicated to assisting me, all of which led to a very positive outcome. I was very impressed with his work and I highly recommend his office.
– Lisa Kilanowski
Landlords, do you want to save yourselves a lot of time, money and headaches?
Do you want to whatever is possible to counteract the many, many laws that favor the tenant?
The answer is to GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING, such as:
Rental Application enables the landlord to:
- Determine whether or not an applicant is a good tenant or “credit risk” by obtaining his or her residence history, credit history, bank information, automobile information and employment, credit and character references.
- Obtain information helpful in collecting a judgment from the tenant for unpaid rent or damages to the apartment. Preparing for a suit against a tenant begins the day he or she first applies for the apartment. This is the best time to protect your rights and find out as much as possible about the tenant in order to be successful both in suing him and collecting a judgment against him.
- Defend against discrimination suits. If you treat all prospective tenants alike by having them complete application forms and by notifying them of legitimate nondiscriminatory reasons for denying their application (e.g. bad credit, no credit or bad tenancy history) you will have a defense to a discrimination lawsuit.
- The application process allows you to screen-out tenants who may attract unsavory people or be a danger to your other tenants and their property.
Leases help avoid court disputes and misunderstandings; provide the landlord with greater rights and facilitate better landlord-tenant relations.
Notices to increase the rent, to terminate the tenancy and to renew the lease should always be in writing and in compliance with the lease and local law.
The move-in/move-out checklist is a room-by-room list of the condition of each part of the room when a tenant moves in and when he moves out. The use of the checklist avoids misunderstandings as to the condition of the apartment. Photographs and videotapes of the apartment before and after the tenant occupies it are an added safeguard.
- The above is an excerpt from the recently released
by Robert Friedman.
Our Rochester Landlord Tenant Attorneys Are With You Every Step Of The Way
If you are involved in a landlord-tenant legal dispute, speak with our dedicated Rochester Landlord Tenant Attorneys as soon as possible to handle your case. We act swiftly and effectively to help secure the best possible outcome in your legal matter.
“Friedman & Ranzenhofer provided prompt, courteous and professional assistance regarding a current legal issue. We have used the services of this firm repeatedly because of their consistent high quality service levels.”
– Ed Berowski