Rochester Dog Bite Injury Lawyers
Experienced Dog Attack Attorneys Protecting The Rights of Dog Bite Victims Throughout Rochester, NY
Dog bites injure hundreds of thousands of people every year. Dog bite injuries cause more than physical pain; many of the attacks can result in facial disfigurement and long lasting fears of dogs or other animals. Small children account for about 75% of all dog bites. Every year about 15 people die from being bitten by a dog. While some dogs have the reputation of being more violent than others, there are a lot of other dog breeds capable of inflicting serious our fatal injuries to people. As experienced Rochester dog bite injury lawyers, we unfortunately see many cases where victims end up with severe injuries as a result of being bit by a dog.
If you have been bitten by a dog, you may have the legal right to sue to the owner or another responsible party for damages.
- The owner of the dog was negligent.
- The dog has a history of biting others.
- The dog was unrestrained.
Experienced Rochester dog bite injury lawyers explain what steps you should take after being bit by a dog
If you have been bitten by a dog here is what you should do:
- Seek medical attention.
- Find out the name and address of the owner. Proceed to get the names and contact numbers of any witnesses who saw the dog bite or have seen the dog bite other people in the past.
- Call the police and have them file a report.
- Take pictures of your injury and the dog if possible.
- Under no circumstances should you talk to the dog owner’s insurance company; this is the role of your attorney.
We have been helping residents in Rochester and throughout Western New York receive compensation for their dog bite injuries for more than two decades. We know what questions to ask, and how to handle the insurance companies.Don’t settle for less, let our experience work for you.
If you or a member of your family has been bitten or attacked by a dog, contact our experienced Rochester dog bite injury lawyers for dedicated representation. We offer free confidential consultations and would be happy to discuss the details of your case with you.