Rochester Child Support Attorney Explains How to File for Support When Your Spouse Lives in Another State

As an experienced Rochester Child Support Attorney, I am often asked how to file for support when your ex lives in another state.

  • When a boyfriend, girlfriend, or former spouse has moved to another state – and the custodial parent wants to receive child support – the parent who desires child support must file an application or petition in family court.
  • The petition is filed in the county where the child lives.
  • The other party will be served with the petition and the application for child support will be heard by a judge who will enter an order setting forth the terms and amount of child support.

Does your child’s other parent live in another state and you want to file for support?  Contact dedicated Rochester Child Support Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer today.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Rochester Child Support Attorney.