Rochester Lawyers / Rochester Child Support Lawyer Explains What to Do if Your Ex Stops Paying

Rochester Child Support Lawyer Explains What to Do if Your Ex Stops Paying

I am frequently asked as a Rochester Child Support Lawyer, what to do if an ex stops paying court ordered child support.

  • When a spouse, former spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend – stops paying ordered child support, the onus falls on the person who should be receiving it to file a petition in the Supreme Court or family court to enforce that child support obligation.
  • Once application is made, the court will look into the specific circumstances.
  • The support recipient will then ask that future support be paid through child support collection.
  • Asking that an automatic wage deduction be taken out of the defaulting person’s paycheck will avoid the necessity to repeat the child support collection battle.

Did your ex stop paying child support, and you need help?  Contact dedicated Rochester Child Support Lawyer Michael Ranzenhofer for guidance.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Michael Ranzenhofer, an experienced Rochester Child Support Lawyer.