As a dedicated Rochester Divorce Attorney, I am frequently asked about marital property.
- Marital property is defined as any property acquired during the marriage.
- It is distinguished from property acquired prior to marriage and referred to as separate property.
- Any property the parties acquire during the marriage – such as a home, vehicles, or money that either puts into a retirement account.
- Debts incurred during the marriage are also considered marital property.
- During the divorce process, decisions are made regarding division of those items.
Are you going through a divorce and have questions about marital property? Contact dedicated Rochester Divorce Attorney Michael Ranzenhofer.