Rochester Estate Planning Attorney Examines the Primary Residence Exemption for Medicaid

  •  Your primary residence is exempt from Medicaid up to $828,000.
  •  You can transfer your residence to your spouse and it’s completely exempt and there is no penalty for that.
  • If you have minor disabled or blind children, you can transfer the residence to them into a trust and you will not be penalized.
  • If you have a brother or sister who has been living with you for the past year and they’ve been helping with the expenses, you can transfer the house to your brother or your sister.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Robert Friedman, an experienced Rochester Estate Planning Attorney.