I Was Left With The Kids And I’m Waiting For My Spouse To File For Divorce In Buffalo. How Do I Make Ends Meet In The Meantime?

There are several ways through which you can make your spouse contribute to your children’s well being, and even your own financial health.

You don’t have to wait for your spouse to file for divorce in Buffalo. You have the power to do so yourself, and as part of the filing, you can ask the court to make an order for what is known as pendente lite support.

This will obligate your spouse to provide regular payments to you for the duration of the divorce.

Child support will also be ordered, as every parent in New York is required to provide for their children.

Whether to file for divorce and when are big questions that no one can answer easily.

However, if your spouse has abandoned you and your children and you’re struggling to get by, there may be no reason to wait.

You and your children have rights, and your spouse has obligations to you both.

The attorneys at Friedman & Ranzenhofer can help you get what you need to get by during your divorce in Buffalo.

Call 585-484-7432 for a legal consultation with an experienced Buffalo divorce lawyer.

Recent Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *