Car Accident Legalities Checklist
If you are involved in an accident:
- Get uninjured passengers out of vehicle to the side of the road, safely away from the vehicle and oncoming traffic.
- Call the police immediately. If a phone is not available, ask at least two people to call.
- Call an ambulance if anyone is injured.
- Put out reflectors at least 300 feet towards oncoming traffic.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Make short notes about the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance agent or company within 24 hours.
- Make any statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Accept any informal settlements.
ACCIDENT INFORMATION CARDS
YOU MUST REPORT THIS ACCIDENT TO YOUR INSURANCE AGENT IMMEDIATELY.
Use these cards to exchange information in the event of an accident.