I’ve Moved From Rochester And My Former Spouse Isn’t Abiding By The Verbal Agreement We Made For Visitation With My Kids. What Do I Do?

While a verbal agreement isn’t enforceable, if you’ve moved and the original custody order is no longer workable, you’ll have to petition Family Court with a request for modification.

This can be done in Rochester or the new jurisdiction where you live. The court will probably want to know why you chose to rely on a verbal agreement instead of working through court orders, but your odds of being granted a hearing on the issues seem good.

At Friedman & Ranzenhofer, we help families stay close even after a divorce, and help to ensure that custody agreements stay relevant for the routine changes that people experience in their careers and lives.

Call us today at 585-484-7432 and learn how you can keep your relationship with your kids, whatever life brings.

Leave a Reply