National Senior Health & Fitness Day Fair on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 from 11 AM-2 PM at the Akron-Newstead Senior Center, 5691 Cummings Road, Akron, New York will provide the following absolutely free:
- Seminars by five speakers. Beth Nicastro, RN and Women’s Health Educator/Community Coordinator WomenCare for Catholic Health System will speak about diabetes. Leanne Olden brook of Crescent Moon Yoga will cover the health and relaxation benefits of yoga. Sharon A. Carlo, RN ,Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, Certified Nursing Home Administrator and Certified Subacute Nursing Home Administrator will discuss how to choose a New York long term care facility. Robert Friedman, attorney and Jeff Vastola, CLU of M&T Securities will discuss” 14 Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the New York Medicaid Laws.” Learn how to preserve your assets and plan for incapacity with powers of attorney, health care proxies, living wills, Wills, Trusts, transferring your home to family members, Long Term Care Insurance, Prepaid Funeral Accounts, IRAs, Pensions, properly documented gifts, spousal allowances and transfers, Caregiver Agreements, annuities and promissory notes.
- Exhibits by Atwal Eye Care; Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY; Brothers of Mercy; Buffalo Hearing and Speech Center; Clarence Chamber; Elderwood at Cheektowaga; Epic; Erie County Senior Services; Hearts and Hands; HIICAP; Hospice; Destroyer Golf; Legal Services for the Elderly, Disabled & Disadvantaged; M& T Bank; Main Mobility; Meals on Wheels for WNY; Mobile Pharmacy Solutions; People Inc; Presbyterian Senior Care of WNY; Quest Diagnostics; Tennyson Court Assisted Living and Memory Care; The McGuire Group; Unyts; Veterans One-stop Center; VNA of WNY, Inc.; Walgreens; Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC and Akron Chamber of Commerce.
- Lunch beginning at 12 noon for the first 300 people will be compliments of Guy’s Subs.
- Health screenings for cholesterol, body mass index, bone density and blood pressure will be conducted by Catholic Health Systems. The Blue Cross & Blue Shield Healthy Zone Cruiser will feature health tips, games and activities.
- Review of your will, health care proxy and power of attorney by Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC Attorneys is limited to the first twenty people who register by calling 716.542.5444.
- Drawings for Dash’s Market and Pixley’s Shur Fine gift certificates and a Buffalo Sabres jersey.
Sponsors of the fair are Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Clarence Senior Center, Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Akron Chamber of Commerce, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, PC Attorneys and Akron-Newstead Senior Center.
The goal of this health and fitness day is to promote the importance of regular physical activity and to improve the health and fitness of older
adults nationwide. For further information, call 716.542.6645.