Criminal Possession Of A Controlled Substance In The 4th Degree Charges Defense Lawyer
Like most drug possession charges in Buffalo, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree (NY PL 220.09) is a charge that depends on the type and weight of the substance you are alleged to have been in possession of.
If police caught you with any of the following, you may be charged under NY PL 220.09:
● One-eighth ounce of a narcotic substance or mixture
● One-half ounce of methamphetamine or a mixture containing methamphetamine
● Two ounces or more of a narcotic preparation or mixture
● One gram of a stimulant
● One milligram of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
● 25 milligrams of a hallucinogen
● One gram or more of a hallucinogenic substance
● Ten ounces or more of a dangerous depressant
● Two pounds or more of a depressant
● One ounce of more of concentrated cannabis (hashish)
● 250 milligrams of phencyclidine (PCP)
● 360 milligrams of methadone
● 50 milligrams of phencyclidine (PCP) with intent to sell, where a previous conviction exists
● 4,000 milligrams of ketamine
● 200 grams of gamma hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) or a mixture containing it
Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree is a Class C Felony in Buffalo, meaning that if convicted, even a first time offender may face three and a half to 15 years in prison.
Do not take chances when facing drug charges in Buffalo.
If you’ve been arrested for criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fourth degree, call the experienced criminal defense team at Friedman & Ranzenhofer today at 716-542-5444 for a free consultation.