Rochester Landlord Tenant Attorney Discusses the Death of a Tenant

As an experienced Rochester Landlord Tenant Attorney, landlords often ask me what to do in the event that their tenant dies.

  • You can file a claim in Surrogate’s Court against the tenant’s estate to recover your lost rent
  • Do not let anyone in the apartment unless he or she is the executor or administrator of the estate

Has your tenant recently passed away?  If so, contact the experienced Rochester Landlord Attorney Robert Friedman.

This educational legal video was brought to you by Robert Friedman, an experienced Rochester Landlord Tenant Attorney.

Recent Blogs